Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I currently have a JBJ setup on my 75 gal 4 power compacts ..should I go with led ,halide, halide compact mix in one fixture??I am looking to house mainly soft corals or just stick with my jbj for now?Just looking for opinions ..Thanks Sal

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I think you mean if you should go with a Metal Halide fixture with Power compacts for Actinics and moonlight led's. If you are planning on raising sps then yeah go for Halides. If not, then halides would probably be overkill.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
if you are doing softies....then ill go for a 4-6 bulb T5 ho setup..it will save some $ on electric and they can last for up to 18 months..(most change them around 12 months)
1 would get the ones with indivdidual reflectors for optimal light output..
but if $ is a big factor then you can check out the nova extremem pro...they are also good...penty of light for softies...but they dont have individual reflectors

D Rose

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a 2x150w 20k Halides with 2x130w Dual Actinic Compacts. I run the dual actinics mostly with just 4-5hrs of halides. My Frogspawn doesnt seem to mind my halides at all, but I do have them middle to bottom of my tank just to be safe. Anyone see the reef display tank@New World in Manhattan? They have frogspawn and torch right at the top of the tank under 2x150w MH, i would think they would hate that since at a LFS the halides ar on like 11hrs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: