Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I can run it out of the sump on the side of the stand or ,in the sump currently I have a tunzi 9005 in my sump/fuge but want to upgrade to a better unit .It will be for a 90 gal reef I dont mid running one of those bigger unit on the side ..and brands or prices or ideas??Thanks

Last edited:

Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I saw someone on here running the same refugium as mine but yes It will be tight if I have all that in there 2 reactors and a skimmer...!!!?I wouldnt mind runnig the 2 reactor on the side on the fuge

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
the euro reef has a large foot print.its not just the skimmer but the pump as well.you should think about a sump.u can add a 30gal sump and use the middle for your fuge.and have plenty of room for anything you want.u dont have to settle

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
sump is easy to make and alot of us dont have a fuge or use one, basically all you need is a tank 20l or 30l get 3 glass baffles cut 6-8" by the width of the sump tank and silicone them in, make baffles 1-2" apart first and last baffle will be all the way to the bottom and middle baffle will be raised up off the bottom around 1-2" total cost about $70

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have had ASM, Euro-reef, Bubble master, coralife, aqua c remora, and by far the best skimmer Ive had keeping finance in the ratio as well is the new octopus extreme. I have the Extreme 160 and it is a monster, once you mesh mod it Its as good as the bubble master 160 but comes with silencer and drainage line from cup. it go's for sub 300 and for the price I dont think it could be topped

bud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a octo extreme 200 for 3 weeks now and for the price 300 is hard to beat. The pump doesnt seem to be a quality pump though. It is certainly no deltec epecially if you can pick the one with the eheim 1260 pump. Go with the Deltec.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: