MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I got a Derasa clam from HoL. Jim said they are easier to care for then their Tridacna cousins. I have it attached to a disk on the sandbed of my 36 bow tank with nothing more then CF lighting. Been doing well for the past 2 1/2 months :)

NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a new Solana which has been up and running for almost3 months..however, almost everything in the tank was transplanted from my old 24G Nano when I moved in August(the LR, I moved over 1/2 the water, my LS + 20 new pounds + livestock) Two additions are my citron gobes, which still aren't eating(and I have tried EVERYTHING). I am fearful they will perish, which upsets me...

However, my lighting is a 250W Sunpod HQI. The corals are doing fantastic...my frogspawn is growing mad quick.

I want to do more research before a clam purchase...want to make sure I understand their needs.

thanks

PS. Chem...what happened to your tank... I read somewhere that you lost 90% of your livestock???

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
ok go with a deresa or crocea clam.... crocea clams are the hardiest... if you want to try that first. one problem all these clams will out grow your tank... so you can get something small up to 4-5 inches... a baby clam might die off quick. and your fish arent eating so dont know about that...

NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
ok go with a deresa or crocea clam.... crocea clams are the hardiest... if you want to try that first. one problem all these clams will out grow your tank... so you can get something small up to 4-5 inches... a baby clam might die off quick. and your fish arent eating so dont know about that...

My Citron's were not eating...but I have fed them some chopped up blackworms, and that seemed to work a little. The others eat just fine. However, why would that affect the clam?
Just curious. Thanks.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My yellow clown goby seems to pick at the sps polyps - maybe that is what your citron goby is doing? Mine also likes cyclopeeze.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: