skimacka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a Coralife analog timer setup for my day/night light switches. Recently, the dial started getting stuck and you can hear it make a loud click when it wants to move. Anyone ever have this issue?? Anyone ever take one of these timers apart??

jab161

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
between two friends and i we went through six of them. they are over priced junk. go to home depot and buy regular lamp timers for 9 bucks they last forever.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Mine eventually got stuck on the day mode and the lights never shut off. Stick with those mechanical timers from home depot unless you can afford a aqua controller or reefkeeper

Ditto. I was using about 6 of the Intermatic Digital Timers. Within about 5 weeks of each other, three of them began sticking on and never shutting off. I replaced all 6 of them with the manual 'analog' ones about three years ago. They are bullet proof.

As ming said, if you can't afford a RK2 or AC, Jr. then the analog ones are the way to go.

JMO,
swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: