LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have the Tunze ATO, and I still made a mess of the floor. Coraline grew on the sensor - yes even in the sump - and the sump kept filling. Another time, the tube which fills the tank, fell into the sump and started a reverse siphon. The ATO bucket filled up and over with tank water.

The only 100% method for avoiding equipment failure is to avoid equipment :)

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have a 5 gallon jug with a small hole in it. Fill it with tap water, dechlorinate it and invert it for it to slowly drip into the tank overnight. Depending on how small your tank is you might be able to get away with 1 or even 1/2 gallon bottle. My tank eveporates at a rate of about 2 gallons a day so I add about 7 gallons every 3 days.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
You can also use this method to get liquid in a glass when you want a drink, it work with almost any liquid, and cures your thirst.
I call it relocation of fluid products for consumption:champagne:wineglass:champagne:beer::wineglass:beer::champagne:beer:

BEATING A DEAD HORSE ,I Know!!

I take a gallon of water. Hold it above my tank and slowly invert it discharging the water into the tank therefore compensating for evaporation. This is my patented "POUR METHOD" please make sure you give credit where credit is due. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: