autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
the curve design mixes the light for a more uniform mix of the bulbs ....the tek shoots it straight down....lets just say u have 3 blues in the front and 3 daylights in the back...you will notice some color split in the middle....

i had the aquatinics before and my friend has the tek....
first differences is the included fan and the splash shield...tek dont come with either...and then the curved layout versus the flat...
the rest is aesthetics...if you plan to hang the fixture then i say the tek looks better...but comes down to it...both will be great still..

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
My Tek has been running for 3 yrs without any ballast failure but I can tell you that it runs hot enough to warp the acrylic shield during the lighting period. It goes back into shape after the unit cools down though.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Light

I own a 36inch tx5 and have many times considered buying the tek. Everytime i tell the person im gonna buy it from i had a aquatinics fixture they say keep it. Its ten times better then the TEK.

That includes two online vendors.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I own a 36inch tx5 and have many times considered buying the tek. Everytime i tell the person im gonna buy it from i had a aquatinics fixture they say keep it. Its ten times better then the TEK.

That includes two online vendors.

:splitspin HEHE, so why do you consider buying the TEK, there must be something you like about it.

Seems like everyone on the thread likes the TX5. :shhh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: