NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well im going to be getting my first acans at the swap couldnt find too much info on them.. to my understanding im going to keep them at the bottom of the tank (24" deep tank 250w de 20k about 7-8 inches above water) should i keep them directly under the light or off to the side?
low to moderate flow?
as far as feeding goes i know they benefit from feeding 2-3 times a week if you guys could share your techniques also what you feed them would be much appreciated... looking forward to sunday!!:givebeer:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It's always best to ask the seller where they had the corals placed & what lighting they were under. If in a tank only 18" deep and the same lighting, you can place them somewhat higher than the bottom of the tank.

Many here feed a combination of mysis shrimp & cyclopeeze to thier acans and use a turkey baster to gently direct the food towards them.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Swap - do come by the Raffle Table & say hi!! :)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Acans are hardy and do like to be fed.

Look at this greedy one
attachment.php

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I will surely stop by the raffle table to say hi.. looking forward to meeting everyone this is my first big swap i went to the one out east over the summer had a good time... thanks for the help

come see me for acans acans acans:splitspin

I saw the pics you posted and you have some remarkable stuff!! will you have a setup there or u just bringing by request?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: