SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just make sure you have a stronger/strong pump...the Hydor Flo tends to have less flow coming out because it has to use some of the currents energy for the rotating motion. IMO it's great because it does add that alternate current look to the tank, but after realizing that the outflow was slower I bought an extra Koralia Nano to compensate. But to sum it up, Yes I'd def recommend it. Hope it helps.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
RE: the pump issue I have 2 mj1200's hooked up to each hydor flow and they work great. The MJ's alternate on/off on my wavemaker 20 mins each. with the rotating and alternating there are fwe dead spots in the tank but any that were there are covered by 2 koralia nano's I installed.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Used a MJ 1200 with the Hydor Flo in my Biocube 14 worked like a charm. It didn't fit the original outlet for the Biocube so the previous owner before me had tubing put on that made the diameter right to fit.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Mine was great for about 7 months. Now I can't get it clean enough to work reliably. The flow pattern sure was nice tho.

Maybe a vinegar bath would help...

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
To clean my hydors and my powerheads I take hot water (as hot as can come out of the tap, mix about 2 gallons of that with 2 gallons of white vinegar and I run them for an hour in the solution. I then remove them and rinse them under boiled distilled water and let them sit in that for an hour. Once they have no smell of vinegar to them I give them a good rinse again just to be safe and put them back in the tank. I also have a similar cleaning regiment with my skimer just that it's pure vinegar at first then it's straight water after that.

FYI sometimes that hydor needs to come apart to be cleaned as well. it can be a PITA to put back together but cleaning those gears inside makes a huge difference too sometimes.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
DITTO
But I microwave straight white vinegar until it is very hot and everything is clean in about 1 hour

To clean my hydors and my powerheads I take hot water (as hot as can come out of the tap, mix about 2 gallons of that with 2 gallons of white vinegar and I run them for an hour in the solution. I then remove them and rinse them under boiled distilled water and let them sit in that for an hour. Once they have no smell of vinegar to them I give them a good rinse again just to be safe and put them back in the tank. I also have a similar cleaning regiment with my skimer just that it's pure vinegar at first then it's straight water after that.

FYI sometimes that hydor needs to come apart to be cleaned as well. it can be a PITA to put back together but cleaning those gears inside makes a huge difference too sometimes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: