aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello Everybody,

I am currently running a RedSea Hang On Berlin Skimmer in my sump. It made some skimmate before that had elements of detritus. The tank has been up for a week and I had to turn off all pumps/powerheads to apply my Aiptasia X, I don't see any skimmate at the collector cup. Do I have to wait for the "break in" again?

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hello Everybody,

I am currently running a RedSea Hang On Berlin Skimmer in my sump. It made some skimmate before that had elements of detritus. The tank has been up for a week and I had to turn off all pumps/powerheads to apply my Aiptasia X, I don't see any skimmate at the collector cup. Do I have to wait for the "break in" again?

Whats up Ted,

By skimmate do you mean the collection cup is not collecting any brown waste matter?

Or are you saying that it is not bubbling up?

I it is the first one, it is possible that alot settled in the tank due to some time to age and its going to slow down on its production. If its the latter it means there is some kind of blockage in the venturi air line.

Usually chemicals make skimmers overactivate rather than under, but this is just my experience

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: