Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i finally got my msx skimmer today. I'm so amazed by its great build quality, it feels very well made.

I am running into some trouble assembling it correctly though, probably b/c it comes wiht one page of instructions which is a picture.

I put together all the parts except how to connect the pump to the bottom of the skimmer, there are two heads (one outer thread and one inner thread) which head goes into the bottom of the skimmer?

2nd) there is a mesh and a pinwheel - im thinking of using just the pinwheel but not sure how to assemble it either.

3rd) there are 2 pieces of vinyl tubing, not sure which one is for which and what it does?
- thers one more clear than the other which is also slightly bigger inner diameter.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The more clear one is for the waste collector hole on the bottom of the collection cup. If you do not want to use it there should be a black rubber plug to plug the hole with.
The msx pump already has a meshwheel in it, you should try it before you replace it.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
ahh i see, i plugged it in tonight with the meshwheel it made some odd noise so i swapped it with the pinwheel.

It took awhile to open up the pump. the o ring was mighty tight, but now its much quiet.

I got it to pull some yellow water so far then I messed up the setting then had to reset it but lost the original setting and i got mostly water extract. how do you get dryer skimmate? I have my adjust tube closer to the "Close" label.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yea opening that pump is a pain in the A$$ and I know the needle wheel is much quieter but the performance is a fraction of the meshed version. As far as consistancy of skimmate, just keep the bubble line right below the collection cup and give it a few days to break in, maybe even a week. Mine broke in almost immediately but that could have been circumstantial

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
its prob broken in already - started getting some foam the top of the cup is goldne yellow now, and i got about 1" of watery gunk with layers of foam. It bubbles the entire day thank god for the top cup cover, Im peeking at it every few hours to make sure its bubbling :birthday:

THIS SKIMMER IS AWESOME!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: