BHDMC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had one many years ago and I if I remember, to start the siphon you hold the unit upside down, below the water level and turn on the motor. Once the siphon start flowing thru the filter, you turn the unit right side up.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
If you did not do it already, then I suggest you check the Manuals as well as de FAQ's at vortex web site...and according to them

Vortex said:
Caution: the Diatom? Filter must operate in the upright position with hoses running upwards.

...so you may not start it upside down...if I well understood.

some more Tips or Tricks ... still do follow the manufacturer instructions for safer operation.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

NIGHTCRAWLER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
yes you start the filter upside down, then slowly turn too side, you may need too hold it on it's side for a bit for it too fill. i run mine once in awhile, and starting them is a pain, but well worth it, for how it cleans.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just suck on the other end to get the syphon going and this usually gets it going, but sometimes its tricky, an awsome piece of equipment, but a paint to clean and start

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: