bovsbaitboxes

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
was looking to find the best kind of light for my tank( 36 gallon corner bowfront)I found a light in my price range ( i know save and get the best)I read about the light and there are horror stories about peoples houses catching on fire. Please help I am looking to buy a 24" light that would support a reef with a clam and anenomes (along with other corals)now I am going to buy a good light and start right! any suggestions please ( brand names, websites) thanks for the help John:iamwithst

bovsbaitboxes

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
anenomes zoos polyps clam aussie acans nothing to $$$ now it is my first reef ( I have many freshwater fishtanks 22 of them but this is first reef) thanks John

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0

Thanks Rick... i believe since it is a corner.. i think my light is the best fixture appropriate for that tank (assuming it is pie shaped tank)... that is one of the hardest tank to light up...the $140 price is very good imo

bovsbaitboxes

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ok the light from jungle base I would have to hang (correct?) also I was looking for mh and atinic(sorry spelling) and moonlights thanks anymore help John

danny13oy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yup corner bowfront are hard to light up or light up evenly throughout the tank ... i think something like junglebase's light is a definitely something to consider.

... good price too ... comes with an extra bulb!!

mott768

Frag Fever
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know someone with a 92 corner and he built a canopy and put 3 175w MH in it 2 in the front 1 in the back, he has no dark spots in the tank + he has no heat issues. He did make the canopy 12" off the top of the tank. He was using 12k reeflux bulbs for the longest time but recently switched to Iwasaki 15K's

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: