aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello Everybody,

I need help with an Anemone. I have the pink tip sabae one and... about a week ago it lost it's footing. So I picked it back up and moved it on a rock and sure enough again it lost it's footing.

Now I moved it and the whole anemone shrank substantially. I am only home during the early morning and late at night so I am not 100% on what happens when I am at work. Is the anemone dying? What signs should I be looking for?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Look for improved lighting, cleaner water and more feedings.

Of course, I'm only guessing, as you didn't provide any information on your system or livestock.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
It's a 54 Gallon Reef Tank. It definitely has enough flow and the other anemone I have seems to be doing fine. I just spot fed the anemone too.

Equipment:
250Watt Metal Halide (6 hours a day) + 2 T5's (10 hours a day)
EuroReef ES5-2 w Sedra 3500
Aquaripure Medium Denitrator

Livestock:
African Midas Blenny
2 False Percs
5 Green Chromis
Engineer Goby
Yellow Tang
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Red Bubble Tip Anemone (which is doing fine)

Corals:
Toadstool Leather
Frogspawn
Zoas (7 kinds)
GSP
Kenya Trees
Anathelia
Xenia

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Lighting is fine. Feedings...check! Might be the water itself. BTAs are more tolerant of 'less than pristine' water conditions. How long have you had the Sebae? Many anemones move when they're not happy with their present location.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
What do you mean..
lost it's footing. So I picked it back up and moved it on a rock and sure enough again it lost it's footing.

Are you finding it just laying on the sandbed?
Is it attempting at all to attach to anything?

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I have had the anemone for about 1.5 months.

As of right now it is laying on the sand bed. I tried to move it to a rock but it kept falling off. It attached yesterday to a rock near the sand bed and made its way down. to the sand bed.

Although it's an old picture... the only thing that changed was corals all got much bigger.

3126192401_9637e0415a.jpg

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I'll have a picture up tonight. I don't mind it moving around but it looks like it's dying, not even sure how to describe the way it looks only because I can't tell the difference between excretion and death/malnutrition.

Damn. After reading one of those articles it is not looking good for this anemone. I am eager to see how it is when I get home.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Was it turning to mush at all? Leaving any slimey stuff behind on where it moved from? If so, it is dying and you want to get it out of the tank ASAP. If that is the case, it can foul your entire tank :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: