GottaBNutz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fellow reefers,

HELP!!!!! I have been trying to bring up my calcium level now that I am starting to add coral.

my water parameters:

ph 8.3
SG 1.025
temp 77
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate < 5

Calcium ~375
Alkalinity 9dKH
Magnesium ~1300

I have been trying to dose with ESV 2-part. I started with 100ml of each part calcium went from 350 to 375 and 8 to 9 dKh after a week........

I upped the dose to 150ml each part and no change to parameters. I finally upped the dose to 200ml each part 2 nights in a row and no change I tested last night both before and 1hr after dosing and no change. Also I thought I saw evidence of precipitation, there was white particles floating in the water.

I am using D&D H20cean Pro and my Refractometer was calibrated with proper cal solution.

What do I need to do at this point I know my utilization is no where near what I am dosing I do not have any SPS and only 4 small LPS colonies.

Mitch

GottaBNutz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cia,

According to the calculator I need to add:

39 ounces of ESV part 2 and
16 ounces of ESV part 1 to bring my levels up......

The instructions on the ESV is never add more than 1 ml per gallon of aquarium water.

Is it safe to dose higher than the recommended maximum list on the product? Is it safe to dose in un equal proportions?

Can anyone else comment with certainty?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Mitch Dont You Have The Geo Running Yet ? Also Might Check With Another Tester. Also Even Though You Dont Have Corals Cal And Other's Will Be Used Up,koraline Building And Growing As Well. If Anything Id Buy Some Kalkwasser And Start Dripping It As Well, And Mine Never Showed A Real Difference An Hour After Dosing 2 Part

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: