goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been gearing up to add Coral to my FOWLR tank by slowly raising Salinity and temps. I'm also in the middle of a new sump/fuge build.

So.. This afternoon, I had a Tax appointment out east and I decided to check out one of the LFS's I've read about in the regional forums (GC-REEF). I had ZERO intentions of buying anything as I wanted to be sure my tank was ready, plus I had an appointment with my accountant.

Store was TINY, but he had some really nice stuff and seemed to be a real cool guy. Of course, I walked out with 3 frags! I brought the bags into my appointment so they wouldn't freeze out in the car.

* A green mushroom (1 head) - $10
* Green Zoas (between 40-50 heads) $10 - Most of them opened up within the 1st 30 mins in the tank
* Unknown :) - I'll take a picture when it opens up. $15 - Right now, all the tips are retracted into little purple shoots. It's only been in the tank for 1hour so I hope it opens soon.

Anyway.. Pretty excited!!

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take some tomorrow... Right now, the $15 frag has not opened. The Zoas all opened up nicely and now my inverts are swarming them. I have 2 Hermits and a Margarita snail on them right now. Anytime they touch a head, it closes up. So, not a great picture right now.

The $15 one started to open up a couple hours after it was added to the tank and then a Turbo Snail rode right over it. All of them retracted back into the tubes. Now, a couple seem to be popping out again. I checked Liveaquaria and it looks very close to this:
p-43001-starburst.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow it will be all out and I'll snap a pic

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... I took a couple shots last night when they were all opened. The Zoas are a little out of focus and a couple of them closed up because a hermit grazed over them.

$10 Shroom
coral1.jpg

$15 Green Star Polyp
coral2.jpg

$10 Zoas
coral3.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: