hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
the 2 water outlets is really gonna cut flow.. on mine.. my head is around 3 1/2 feet which puts it at around 300 gph.. with a U around the top which probably cuts it down to 225-250

So if you have a similar setup with a 7.. you might only be putting out 200gph out each outlet.

tonytan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
you mean I need upgrade the pump ? How many flow rate should be good enough for 46 gal ?which one you recommend ?
Thanks

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I would think 400gph our both combined is enough to have the turnover needed to your sump.

if you are using just those for your circulation.. then i would recommend powerheads

tonytan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Mag 7 the flow rate is 700gph which I'm using now . Still feel not strong .
and my sump is 40gal .

What do you mean for 400gph for both combined is enough to have the turnover needed to your sump.

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
the mag7 is 700gph with no head.. that means just the pump alone.. no turns.. no flex tubing..

for every 1 foot of flex tube you add.. you lose gph.. for each 90 degree angle you add 1 foot of head..

tonytan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Mag 7 is up to 700 gph which I'm using now . But still feel not strong .

what do you mean for I would think 400gph our both combined is enough to have the turnover needed to your sump.

Semibfy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is your tubing 5/8" or 3/4" inner dia?
I dont think you can pump more than what your tank can drain thus may be just have one return spout. Even though similar amt is being pump, but may see stronger circulation/output from one return than two returns.

autoponicz