aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello Everybody,

I've had a EuroReef ES5-2 W/ Sedra 3500 for about 4 months. IT skimmed like a beast, but I noticed recently it hasn't taken much into the collector cup. I cleaned the skimmer on Sunday. The pump is definitely sucking in water and there is air going into the skimmer but it isn't raising. My water level seems fine as well...

-Any ideas on what's wrong with it?
-I have an oversized Aquaripure Denitrator on this tank... does that affect anything?

Pics of setup:
photo3-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo-10.jpg

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I bought this from another MR member. I have another tube that I am not using that came with it... I don't remember if there was a sponge or not. That and I wanted to do the gate valve.

What do you suggest I do if I find the sponge and riser tube?

Collection cup is fine, only cracked cosmetically.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the riser tube is how you adjust and raise the level in the skimmer, thats why it isnt skimming correctly, spend the money and get the gate valve though, makes dialing the skimmer in much easier

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hmmm point taken. I cleaned out the air line tube already. I hear it sucking in air.

- Point to Ponder: I've been running with this skimmer EXACTLY like this for about 4 months and in 3.5/4 months it has worked in this configuration... Is there any reason why...it stopped?

- Also, I am going order the gate valve kit... if my tank upgrade doesn't go through

- I know I am going to get flamed for this but... DO I EVEN NEED A SKIMMER?! This Denitrator I got works so well it even killed off all my chaeto lol.

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I just put the gate valve on my euroreef rs100 and it makes dialing the skimmer a breeze. I bought it from Euroreef. Word of advice, make sure you have enough room in your sump. The valve gate kit makes the skimmer footprint larger. Mine just made it with some gentle persuasion

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: