HD Fatboy?

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your replies everyone.....I moved my sea clown skimmer back to the top tank last night. This morning it had some foam and very little water in the collection cup. the water was very light colored with some peices of dark brown stuff in it....I will include some pics...The skimmer IMO is still not working as well as what should be...I ordered the octopus NW110. It should be here this week. Also What looked like micro-bubbles was not comming from my sump. with the sump out for repairs it still looks like micro bubbles going around the tank......there is defintaly something strange in my water. I hope the new skimmer clears it up....I am going to try to get the micron socks also.

Attachments

• 100_0490.jpg
    100_0490.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0491.jpg
    100_0491.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 105

HD Fatboy?

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, see I just bought a Skimmer Yesterday....I need to watch the spending....benn on layoffs...

I just completed a home made Diatom Filter...I will let you know if it works.....

I went to Wal-Mart...bought some peices of 100% Ploy Felt, Iron Mending Tape, and shoe laces. Came home made a filter sock. I tied it to the pipe where the Display dumps into the semp. That was at 12:30 Just got home from In-Laws (3:55) Looked at Filter Sock....It was all brown......rinsed it out and put back on. Will see if this clears of the water.

HD Fatboy?

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day two of the clean up

Just wanted to show you all with home made filter socks and my home made diatome filter my water progress....check out the first before pics in this thread copared to now....I am very happy....

And a pic of my SeaClown Skimmer trying to help out......New on should be here in two days!!!

Attachments

• 100_0508.jpg
    100_0508.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0502.jpg
    100_0502.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0500.jpg
    100_0500.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_0498.jpg
    100_0498.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0506.jpg
    100_0506.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 75

HD Fatboy?

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to disagree with you...but ran carbon.....2 weeks before this problem...It did not do anything.....sometimes you need alot finer filter media.....1-2 microns...carbon does not give you that....

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Next time try a product called FilterAid its a liquid all natural made from plant extracts its reefsafe its a clarifier it helps particles that make your water look nasty bond together so they are larger and easier to remove. its the best $4 you ever spent at ( im gonna get hell for using this word) petco.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hate to disagree with you...but ran carbon.....2 weeks before this problem...It did not do anything.....sometimes you need alot finer filter media.....1-2 microns...carbon does not give you that....

It really depends on what Carbon you are running and how it is being implemented. The big requirement is that there has to be flow pass through. It also probably didn't work as well last time given that there were so many big particles floating around that you wouldn't have noticed the difference. Chemi-Pure is the reefers choice :splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: