Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
First of all , how the heck to you get rid of it before using it , and how bad is it if it clouds the tank <
I am using PORA Phoslock

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man House you seem to be the only (1) to answer my questions. Thanks also to Mr.Softy. I run it though a good amount of water, I guess not enough. It seems it always cloulds up with movement.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
What I used to do (when I used to use it) is take the output of the reactor and let it run into a bucket. Having some new saltwater on hand to replace the water you just took out. Let it run until the output water is pretty clear. The first gallon is really cloudy and usually by the 2nd gallon, its fairly clear, I would estimate I ran it through 1-2 gallons each time. Its like a mini water change too

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Exactly, but you still have to start the pump up fast then slow it down to where the phos just shimmies before putting the return tubing back into either your tank or sump.;)

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
+1 run 5-10g of ro water through reactor first thats what i do,and run it through slow where the phosban is moving only about a 1/2 to 3/4 and that also how i run it when its on the system

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: