rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
ESV makes the B-ionic....there are others that make a similiar product, but only ESV makes that "name brand".

ESV 2 part(AKA B-Ionic) is best. Buy the ESV 2 part, dont even consider anything else

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
PS
I am not a fan of doser. Unless you have very difficult corals(SPS), you wont need to be perfectly regimented about adding B-Ionic. I add mine every 2 days.

Doser can get clogged, can lose power, can malfunction, etc. This is the one aspect that I would not make automatic, the risk reward is not there.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Get a PH monitor first these chemicals raise PH .You need to know exactly what your PH is before and after you dose .I think every reefer should have one .
:iamwithst

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
+1 on the esv, i manually dose myself as well, to truelly figure out your dosing regiment, you need to test cal, alk and magnesium, start with aroud 10 ml of each and check each day at same time to see if the dosage amount is maintaining or over dosing or not enough, need to find the sweet spot and the dosage will go up as the corals grow, dont forget to check magnesium also

ychan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Thanks "all" for the info. I use Kent marine tech cb before. Water becomes so cloudy after dosing. "Did not drip in, just pour in high flow area." Will try ESV next week. Do u still use other calcium supplement (liquid calcium, turbo calcium or kalkwasser) with B-ionic? I know some reefer dose b-ionic and alternate Kalkwasser every other day. If I use B-ionic solution, do I need to use addition buffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
+1 on the esv, i manually dose myself as well, to truelly figure out your dosing regiment, you need to test cal, alk and magnesium, start with aroud 10 ml of each and check each day at same time to see if the dosage amount is maintaining or over dosing or not enough, need to find the sweet spot and the dosage will go up as the corals grow, dont forget to check magnesium also
+2 on the esv and TEST YOUR PH AS WELL .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: