Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I have a 46G bowfront tank drilled near the top center for overflow to a sump. I have a koralia 3 (or 4 - don't remember which) in the dt. It seems to me that the overflow only takes care of particles in the top couple of inches of water, but I have fine particles floating around and being blown around by the kor. One of the reasons for drilling the dt was to relocate equipment to the sump so the tank would look less cluttered, so I don't want to put a filter back in the dt. Any ideas how to get the water clear?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Too much flow and not enough filters in the system to get rid of it. Filter sock on the drain to the sump, or just hook up a filter sock to the end of a pump and let it run inside the tank for a few days. The stuff usually settles on the bottom of your sump eventually if your sump flow rate isn't super high, or in dead spots between rocks/sand.

Add a filter sock for a few days and see if it gets better. And take care of your micro bubble problem. its going to improve the clarity alot as well.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Refugium setup

The diagram is of my refugium setup. I get microbubbles from both intakes. The first is probably because the water flow is so high that some bubbles make it over the bubble trap, the second is bubbles are created when water overflows the refugium into the outlet area.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: