Rating - 100%
87   0   0
anyways i have an aqua pod 24 gallon, Im open top now because i recently ditched the stock hood and upgraded to the t5 nova extreme pro lights so i figured its time to get a skimmer!

would a aqua c remora with a MJ1200 hang on be good?

pros?
cons?

anything better ?

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Well if it's loud then I don't think the remora Is a good idea for me considering it's in my bedroom.

I believe the saphire skimmer goes in the right chamber but that wouldn't work for me because I have an intank media basket in right chamber.

I guess I'll just do some research to find out where else the tunze and saphire could be mounted to work

If anyone has any ideas or knows what I could do please chime in

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Here's the new skimmer. It fits the right rear chamber of the 24 aquapod perfectly without the pc light hood and the sunpod light installed instead.

IMG_8141.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

From my 24 aquapod thread.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thanks,

so you only use the skimmer and biological for filtration?

just dont want to part with the intank media basket I went with. I have it mounted in the weir section and it overflows onto the filter floss then to chemi pure then some rubble on the bottom. Then it goes into the left chamber and I have a mj 1200 and a mj 900 returning into the main tank. Could I even incorporate that into my set up?

That's why I was thinking a straight hang on would be the way to go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: