Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I have a 10 gallon standard tank that has just finished the cycling process. I had the tank up and running for about 2 months and a couple of weeks. I already have some livestock in there. To get to my question though what are some affordable lighting fixtures for a 10 gallon tank? I have a standard flurorensent bulb that Ive been using for the time being.The length is 20 inches and the width is 10 1/2

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a firefish goby, damsel, and 4 soft corals right now. There very small pieces they were given to me by my neighbor whos been in reef keeping for many years. But I wanna upgrade my lighting because I know there gonna need stronger lighting which he told me.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
you can do a few T-5's or even PC's. Fixtures are pretty inexpensive. If you're only keeping softies, 2 T5's will be fine, although 4 is better.

If you want, you can get a 150watt MH fixture as well, but that will require more planning for heat removal.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
+1. That brand is not a great brand at all.

You can even get a 2 or 4 bulb Nova Extreme T5 fixture (although it's 24 inches). They're on sale all the time.

Ask the vendors on here. They'll hook you up

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: