Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so after a on going struggle with this "brown slime" I determined its my lighting. All my water levels are correct, I changed my salt, added water conditioner. And nothing has improved. I also noticed the areas in shade don't have a problem. Just the areas where light Is most present. What can I do with my lighting to correct this problem? Any suggestions...

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 194

Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tanks approximately 7 months old. No RO, just treated tap. I have an emerald crab, however he can only do so much. Would hermits or snail eat this? Is my light to weak? I have a 16gallon bowfront with 2 HO t5 one blue one white? Also I have a nano skimmer on order. I have skimmer as of yet, however I hope it helps with this brown soup.

blueink

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1 look at that tank n i knew it is a tap water tank. no matter how u treat that tap. no magic potion will work to clean it afterwards. should've use ro/di water with 0 ppm from the start. god knows how much crap is absorbed into the rocks now.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have my RO unit under my kitchen sink. I take the water from there when I do top off, use that water to make salt water for water changes. It is nowhere near the tank (two rooms away).

It's not the most elegant system, but it works quite well. I just have to schlep water to the tank from the kitchen. (apartment living...)

Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha.... I don't know much about Ro filters..... Is my live rock going to be good? It all looks awful right now... Even my sand is brown.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 96

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
yeah remove what u can by hand, add a clean up cerw, and do 100% water change make sure u use RO its only 18g tank so it will take u like 5 min. Hows the flow in the tank ?

fallenlordz

Cant hear you under Water
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have my RO unit under my kitchen sink. I take the water from there when I do top off, use that water to make salt water for water changes. It is nowhere near the tank (two rooms away).

It's not the most elegant system, but it works quite well. I just have to schlep water to the tank from the kitchen. (apartment living...)

+1

I also bring my RO to my next room in 5 gallon buckets - and tap off when necessary :irked:. Better than nothing hehehe.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: