jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey manny, you got it.

we noticed that there were many questions by people new to reefing so we voted to create a place for them to be organized. it will be monitored by us all, but we hope to have one person take the lead in helping those who are new to the hobby.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
noodleman said:
so how we differentiate what belongs where between "advance", "general" and "beginners"?:D

we'll post some guidlines, but after a while it should be clear what goes where. for now the moderators will move threads if needed to the proper forums

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
jhale said:
it will be monitored by us all, but we hope to have one person take the lead in helping those who are new to the hobby.
I'll also hang out in here to help people get their feet wet (or avoid getting their feet wet).

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Appreciate the newbie help - my live rock question may seem silly but I'm worried that I'll go too far with tank set up only to find out I don't have live rock - at this point all rock rooks arike

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
chasesng said:
Appreciate the newbie help - my live rock question may seem silly but I'm worried that I'll go too far with tank set up only to find out I don't have live rock - at this point all rock rooks arike

then just add more rock. Which would be live rock.. and it will seed ur not alive rock.. no questions are silly.. always ask away...

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
understand that part....but thought that certain types of rock were not porous enough to qualify as "live"-able. i cant go in my back yard, grab some rocks and expect them to be live.

hence my concern that the rock (pictures were posted around 9:30 under general discussion before i found the newbie zone) was illegitimate .... and i'd start stocking the tank only to find out later

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i just saw that post and they looked live to me... but its only a pic.. but if that may be the case go buy ur self some cured live rock either from a fellow reefer or a store and mix it in.. just to play it safe... trust me it might not be porous but there will still be life in it..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: