jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
PrettyBoy said:
im thinking of getting a 30 long or 40 with out sand just live rock and using a 125 gal super skimmer

that skimmer wont keep up with the tank (unless you get Spykes to mod it for you)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
alot of stuff. i asked him the same question so i could do it myself.. he did alot of work to it.... but it was def. worth the skimmate he pulled out.. get the asm g2 or g3 much more worth the money...

ohh yea did we mention flow already.. u gonna need alot of it....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything im just lettin u no that without enough flow in there there going to be a problem with the deitrus and other stuff such as poo.. then ur 2nd problem is with the skimmer... honestly ur gonna need a bigger skimmer if you dont have sand.. the sand as nanoreefer said acts as a denitrification agent... it really does when its cycled well.. so if there is no sand and ur skimmer is underperformed whats going to happen.. again im just letting you no that there eventually be a problem thats all.. i thought the same when i went BB with live rock coral and fish. but then i bought a tunze 6060 1500gph in a 29 gallon still have my prizm skimmer but im changing everything over soon(ull see that thread soon) everything pretty much is going to be upgraded. alot more flow and a asm g3 skimmer... well wateva choice u take i hope its a good one..

anthony

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything im just lettin u no that without enough flow in there there going to be a problem with the deitrus and other stuff such as poo.. then ur 2nd problem is with the skimmer... honestly ur gonna need a bigger skimmer if you dont have sand.. the sand as nanoreefer said acts as a denitrification agent... it really does when its cycled well.. so if there is no sand and ur skimmer is underperformed whats going to happen.. again im just letting you no that there eventually be a problem thats all.. i thought the same when i went BB with live rock coral and fish. but then i bought a tunze 6060 1500gph in a 29 gallon still have my prizm skimmer but im changing everything over soon(ull see that thread soon) everything pretty much is going to be upgraded. alot more flow and a asm g3 skimmer... well wateva choice u take i hope its a good one..

anthony

Anthony you learned a lot since you first joined here. Glad to see you post like this :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
thanks mr. moderator... lolz very well appreciated. and im glad to give back to the community that has given me such knowledge... thanks..

I think we all know that I don't really moderate much ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: