Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I found a killer suspect

It looks like my other crab the one with hairy legs is the one that kill my smaller hermits. Guess I don't have enough food for them. I saw him grabbing the blue legged one and scrap off whatever on the back of the latter. He don't wanna let go for a while until I really use some force. Probably when he finished what's on the shell he will go for the kill.

Interesting enough though, once I seperate them, the blue legged one start to scrape up food immediately.

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
IMO, most corals will do fine between 79-84 degrees. What they don't like is a 5-6 degree temperature swing in a short period of time.
There are natural reefs that are 82+ degrees.
I have a 25gal acrylic with a lid in a wall unit, 3 large pumps, 250W MH & 64W actinics. The temp is 82 degrees i keep my heater set at 80 degrees, never had any heat problems.

As for the stand it must be level, since you can't use a plumb bob for level (plumb bobs don't lie) you will need a good level. You should see two lines and the bubble in the middle use one eye it should look like this lOl
Fill the tank half way after you level it to make sure its true. Use hard wood under the stand like oak. Also if its a glass aquarium they rest on the corners, so i minor bow wont hurt, but a arch will cause the tank to fracture. JMO.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
yessongs said:
IMO, most corals will do fine between 79-84 degrees. What they don't like is a 5-6 degree temperature swing in a short period of time.
There are natural reefs that are 82+ degrees.
I have a 25gal acrylic with a lid in a wall unit, 3 large pumps, 250W MH & 64W actinics. The temp is 82 degrees i keep my heater set at 80 degrees, never had any heat problems.

As for the stand it must be level, since you can't use a plumb bob for level (plumb bobs don't lie) you will need a good level. You should see two lines and the bubble in the middle use one eye it should look like this lOl
Fill the tank half way after you level it to make sure its true. Use hard wood under the stand like oak. Also if its a glass aquarium they rest on the corners, so i minor bow wont hurt, but a arch will cause the tank to fracture. JMO.

Thanks for the info. I like the part "use one eye it should look like this lOl"

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Finally, got a skimmer and now I see why jackson alway preach about getting a bigger skimmer. It does make the owner feel good when you see it spilling dirt into the cup. But wait isn't better off when there's nothing to spill in the first place?:fight2: :bunny: :joke: :joke:

Now, with this big Super skimmer running, I hope the stuff in my ecosystem 60 would die of hunger. I have a crab, a bunch of littleneck and plants in it. :smoker:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
WingoAgency said:
It does make the owner feel good when you see it spilling dirt into the cup. But wait isn't better off when there's nothing spill in the first place?

Now, with this big Super skimmer running, I hope the stuff in my ecosystem 60 would die of hunger. I have a crab, a bunch of littleneck and plants in it. :smoker:

wingo if you had no dirt spilling in it that means u have absolutely nothing that makes waste :)fish: no bioload:goldfish2 ) and or your skimmer is broken... LMAO :tongueani :biglaugh: so if you do have a dark skimmate be happy my friend...

and you already have a dark skimmate from the superskimmer... how long did it take to break in wingo?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
wingo if you had no dirt spilling in it that means u have absolutely nothing that makes waste :)fish: no bioload:goldfish2 ) and or your skimmer is broken... LMAO :tongueani :biglaugh: so if you do have a dark skimmate be happy my friend...

and you already have a dark skimmate from the superskimmer... how long did it take to break in wingo?

W all know-I just joke around. hehe:bunny:

Not sure if it is "broke in" yet. It still have bubble going out to the main tank but not so much that I have to throw it away. I cannot turn it to full power, it will just bubble out too fast. I definately see improvement over the clarity of the water even though it was crystal clear before. Less yellow tint.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Give me some suggestion as to which tank I shouuld use with salt waterr for my club.

I have a 55G long, 29G long, 40 or 45G tall, 20G very tall(2 10G stacking on each other) and a regular 10G. I also have some hamsters and a big turtle that I have to house in these tanks.

What's your take?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
WingoAgency said:
Give me some suggestion as to which tank I shouuld use with salt waterr for my club.

I have a 55G long, 29G long, 40 or 45G tall, 20G very tall(2 10G stacking on each other) and a regular 10G. I also have some hamsters and a big turtle that I have to house in these tanks.

What's your take?

Given these options, I'd go with a 45g tall.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: