I had my tank running for 1 1/2 years and doing well so far with tons of coraline
i wanted to add more rocks
since macro rocks or brs rocks are dried can i add them directly to my tank or do they still need to be cured?
will i get a spike or change in parameters?

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 284

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A very small amount and your system should handle it but if you're planing a good amount I would cycle it first, on the site it lists the rock as pre-cycled.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Rock needs cycling only if it had life on it. It is when stuff dies that is the problem. Manufactured rock that was never in water will not have anything to die off. Rock that was in a tank and has dried out will still have leftover dried up stuff that will decompose when put in the tank so it would need to be cycled.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I had problems when i added marco rock directly to the system. since there was no biological life within the rock any detritus that fell onto the rock became fuel for algea growth. I would put it with a piece or two of live rock and leave it in the dark the give something other then algea a head start.

other then that though i had no problems.

your tank looks awsome all the purple. it even loks like your hippo is covered in it lol

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Awesome tank, I honestly don't think you need any more rock man it might crowd the tank too much. Tank looks perfect just the way it is. If you want more space for corals add a frag rack or 2. Gives you lots of space to put stuff and it doesn't take up much room in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: