Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm going on vacation in about 2 weeks. I need some tips on what I can do to maintain my 55 gallon tank while I am away. I already got an automatic feeder. Its too bad cause theres nobody really that can look after it while I'm away.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
You should be fine as long as you have an ATO.
But hook it up as soon as you can to make sure it is performing properly before you go on the trip.

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just went away for 16 days on a mini-tour.... DEFINITELY get a HUGE bucket for ATO & make sure the hose goes all the way to the bottom. If you're dosing or have a reactor...even better. I just did 5 gallon water changes 4 times in 4 consecutive days before I left... I came home & there was coralline all over the place & the grown of coral was awesome. I'd say ATO, dose & auto feeder would be the most important.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
You might want to show someone, that can stop by atleast once while your away, how your equipment is suppoed to be running. This way they can check on it and give you a little piece of mind. Id be worry that something would stop workin( ie: heater, pump, etc.). Just let them know that water should be flowin and show them how to check the temp. Have them call you while they are standing in front of the tank so you can get a walk thru on how everything is running

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yea I wanna play around with the knot at the end of the air tube. I'm still calculating how much water evaporates each day by using that aquarium calculator (my room stays at 75-78 F)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: