DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Right now I only have a pink birdsnest & 2 acros, but I'd like to put a few more pieces of SPS into the tank. There's 2 Green Neptheas, 2 Kenya Trees, 1 Finger Leather & the rest are zoos & lps. I know that leathers & mushrooms can release toxins for chem warfare. Right now I'm running 1 phosphate 150 & 2 carbon 150 reactors. My question is would you risk putting sps into the tank with the amount of leathers and softies in the tank? There's 2 colonies of mushrooms in the tank now.
I was hoping that the 2 carbon reactors are enough to handle the chemical warefare. The birdsnest is right next to 1 of the mushroom colonies & a few inches above 1 of the kenya's. The birdsnest has been in the tank for 2 month & the growth has been great! The polyps are fully extended & it's nice & furry.
I just added the 2nd carbon reactor this weekend since it was just sitting around.
Your thoughts are appreciated

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
are there any sps that are highly demanding in water quality in terms of chem warefare that I should stay away from? I was SWEATING the pink lemonade & tri-color bonsai. was also looking into sunset monti

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I have all three of these corals in my tank, the pink lemonade is growing very slow in my tank but the others are doing great.
Vic

ssc_1154

ssc_1154

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: