DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
what kind of coral do you have at the bottom & what is the rest of your tank? I'm at 20" deep & I'm getting more than enough light & coverage from the blueline LED system. Plus it runs cooler than MH. It's pretty affordable in terms of LED lighting, and my coral at the bottom seem pretty happy & have great growth. at the bottom of the tank I have:
Dendros. Scolies. Hammer. Elegance. Paly's. Deep Water Zoas. Chalice. Blue Symposium. Green Nepthea. Trachy. 3 acans & the RBTA...
When I got the RBTA (2 days ago) I moved a bunch of stuff off the rocks..even SPS (birdsnest, acros, monti) and they've been down there for 2 days and have full polyp extension and colors are still vivid. For under $400... I think it's a steal

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
EcoRay 112D is a good beginner choice for CORNER TANK because their optices are very narrow and thus most light are within you tank. However, if you use it for other long tank, you will need a lot of them to cover the whole length.

I used a 90W of my own build with 60 degree optics, and they are too strong for a lot of LPS in my old small round tank.

How many LEDs did you use and what wattage?

Would I have to place the LED fixture directly on my glass canopy or could I still mount it 4-5" above it?

I'm comparing the EcoRay 112D and the Blueline 120W now...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just bought a clam which I put on the bottom but it should probably be higher. I have green hairy, star polyps, and a duncan on/near the bottom. In the middle I have a lobo and some buttons. The Lobo should be higher as well I think.

My light right now is about 5" above the waterline (through glass canopy) and it's about 22" from the waterline to top of the sandbed. How is your Blueline setup? Also what schedule are you running the blue and whites on?

I'm really interested in going the LED route but everything I've read on here says they do not penetrate as well as a MH. Blueline says the light output is comparable to a 250MH but I'm still skeptical. Anyone else use the Blueline 120W or 300W product?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
EcoRay 112D is a good beginner choice for CORNER TANK because their optices are very narrow and thus most light are within you tank. However, if you use it for other long tank, you will need a lot of them to cover the whole length.

I used a 90W of my own build with 60 degree optics, and they are too strong for a lot of LPS in my old small round tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Aquapro... do you have a website with the LEDs you sell?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Aquapro... do you have a website with the LEDs you sell?

Sorry my website keep on getting hacked from Europe so I decided to wait til I have time and someone who knows how to do it right before restarting the site. I wondered why they have so much time to fool around with hacking.:letitallo

If you need to see the high power models, come by Roosevelt ave and Main st. in Flushing.

You can contact me at
MSN: [email protected]
SMS/Tel: 347 878 3092

Last edited:

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just read you have the glass cover on the tank?

Before u buy a light, I would run the tank without the glass canopy. That cuts down on a lot if light penetration...made a huge difference on my corner.

Also, where are the sump/fuge pics!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: