DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I'm thinking about upgrading to a Marineland 60 cube. I have read a lot of threads about people disliking the RR version being that the back wall is drilled instead of the bottom. I'm leaning towards getting the standard tank and drilling the bottom which would mean I would have to build an overflow. Has anyone done this with their cube and if so how would you recommend doing this?

Is this worth it and easy enough to do or should I just settle on getting the RR and deal with the awkward plumbing issues?

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If it were up to me I would use a glass-holes overflow since its so small and then have one or two return lines. If not that route, the easiest way to create an overflow box is a corner one since it only requires one piece of glass/acrylic.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I've heard that the perfecto company has a 60 cube that is drilled on the bottom, make an inquiry with the company.

BTW you can place a special order with Marineland and have the overflow done the way you want.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: