ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Yes they will eat clams but only if the clam is dying already. Bristleworms are unable to kill healthy clams, and are usually opportunistic feeders (like eating the dead fish in the back of the tank when/if that ever occurs).

Zoous

Real Estate and Reefs
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
So what your telling me is that it's "beneficial" to have bristleworms in your tank. My tank is barebottom though.

For some reason they have been multiplying like crazy in my tank. I must have like 20 bristleworms.There is one bristleworm that is like half inch wide and I think about 4 inches long but can't tell because part of it is under a rock. The rest of the worms are tiny compared to it.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
bristle worms are the best detris eaters and they are the best for the reef aquaria for moving around the sand bed and eating the garbage / dead or dying stuff.

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i have a ton of them in my tank and they dont bother my 6 clams at all. if you are going bare bottom, and want to get rid of the worms or control them, i suggest you get a coral banded shrimp, most of my tangs and clowns eat them, but im not sure what fish you have. bottom line, finding a natural predator should not be a problem.

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
true, great natural predator for a reef tank, but can get aggresive towards other inhabitants later, or if you introduce first. Alot of reef stores will have this in their display tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: