DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I've been hearing from everyone and reading on multiple forums that the glass on the Marineland- Perfecto 60 gallon cube (24" x 24" x 24") tanks is 1/2" thick. I just got off of the phone with them to enquire about a custom tank and she said that the glass is 8mm (about 5/16). I asked her if we were talking about the same tank and she verified the tank I was asking about.

Does anyone know if this is true? Any vendors know of the real glass thickness? I'm asking because I want to keep my MP10 which supposedly works on glass 3/8" or less.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have my MP10 on 3/8" glass and I have never had a problem, it is the new ecosmart model. I don't think you would have a problem. Maybe someone near you could stop by with theirs so you could test it out. But if the measurement she gave you is the true measurement you should have no problems. I also don't see why they would use 1/2" glass on the 60 cube when my 65 made by them is only 3/8"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass size 8I'm

I know this is an old thread but I looked all over online and could not find the answer so I'm sharing this info so that others can find the information they are looking for. if you are wanting to know what size plastic clips to get for your 60 gallons rimless marine land cube to hold up a screen lid or top you will need 8 mm plastic clips. Brs and saltwater aquarium.com both sell them.

Attachments

• IMAG1897.jpg
    IMAG1897.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 369
  • IMAG1896.jpg
    IMAG1896.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 499

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: