Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Will goby infected by ick themselves while I was told that they are suppose to eat those ick thing. :irked:
I saw white dots on their head. I just brought them from FT and don't want them to infect my virgin SW tank! By the way, some ppl say they are neon goby while some say they are engineer goby-anyone really know for sure. They are black in color with a horizon white line and "some white dots"-too small to see if they are color of the skin or something attached on them.

Also what does it mean when a Candy Cane turn inside out?

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Does Candy Cane spore?

nanoreefer22 said:
If your candy cane turned inside out??????? I'd be at least a little worried, somethings wrong if that happened, really wrong. Candy canes are really hardy and probably means somethings wrong with the water quality in the tank.
-Kris

but it can turn back in when it wants to too. It looks like it is trying to release some kind of white dots from its tentacles. Does Candy Cane spore?
:bigeyes2:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
WingoAgency said:
but it can turn back in when it wants to too. It looks like it is trying to release some kind of white dots from its tentacles. Does Candy Cane spore?
:bigeyes2:

It's not inside out, its just extending feeder tentacles if I understand you properly. I think I got a pic of it....let me kno if it looks like ti...brb

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Pic.....the one on the right...

Attachments

• 000_4581.JPG
    000_4581.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 87

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
They are engineer gobies.

They are mis-labled @ FT & they continue to do it.
I got caught too.

When they are smaller, they do resemble "goldline" neon gobies.

Engineer Gobies, a.k.a. Convict Blennies, are usually found as juveniles and have an elongated eel-like body. They are black with a white horizontal stripe running from eye to tail. In the wild they form huge schools over sandy bottoms. They can be kept in groups and like to burrow under rockwork.

The Neon Goby is a slender Goby that has an electric blue body stripe that runs from the front of each eye to the base of its tail. The upper body of this fish is usually darker with a pale underside. These fish serve as cleaners in the wild and will setup a cleaning station at reefs where fish come to be cleaned of parasites. They spend most of their day clinging and perching on rockwork or aquarium glass. They are very peaceful and make great additions to any peaceful tank.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
another thing to add about any fish that cleans ick, they are suseptable to it as well. IE: A cleaner wrasse can become infected with ick and has no way of cleaning it off of himself.
Skunk cleaner shrimp make good additions as they clean the inhabitants but are imune to things like ick. They will however rob your corals everytime they manage to snag some food out of the water. :mad:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: