ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lol hello. That's a weird way to introduce yourself lol. Pink spots don't always sift sand. Mine never did. Bullet gobys are better for sand sifting. Now, why don't you tell us about your talk and some stuff about it and welcome to MR...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i have a 29 gallon tank. with
black and white clown fish
hippo tank
Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
2 starfish
2 crabs 1 green 1 pink
2 herrmits
coral banded shrimp and a cleaner
my other white and black clownfish witch i got yesterday is missing
and a Coral Beauty Angelfish witch died today

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my water prs are good, i check them often. i have a marineland filter with a bio wheel and a protien skimmer witch is rated for a 75 gallon. tank has bin running for three months. i tried talking to the people at house of fins but didnt really get far.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
first off wlecome to MR

these should not be in your tank as it isnt big enough any of this
2 starfish
hippo tang
and by crabs whats a pink and green ?
my other white and black clownfish witch i got yesterday is missing
and a Coral Beauty Angelfish witch died today
this suggest you shouldnt add anything else till you know why, and everyone says their parameters are good, what are you using to test them ? and for skimmers because it says it is rated for x amount doesnt mean is really is, what brand and model is it

forumbox_top_left.gif
forumbox_top_tile.gif
forumbox_top_right.gif
forumbox_left_tile.gif
Amphiprion Ocellaris
images
Common Clownfish
forumbox_right_tile.gif
forumbox_bottom_left.gif
forumbox_bottom_tile.gif
forumbox_bottom_right.gif

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Your tank is new. Even if you had a sand sifting goby what would there be in your sand that would make the fish interested in sifting. They don't do it to look cool. They do it to find food and 3 months is not enough time to populate your sand with enough worthwhile critters.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
soon doesnt count for now, not trying to be hard on you, but these are living animals and viewed no different then dog or cats to most of us,. what test kits do you have ? alot of info on here if you decide to take the time and read and ask questions. alot of experiance on here

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i would say yes u rushed, dont fret, most of us did at one time. i would really suggest doing alot of reading on here before you spend anymore money or buy anything else. this is a very enjoyable hobby, once you have a real grasp on it, otherwise it is a money pit with no satisfaction. and ask alot of questions

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
not that you need a bigger set-up. learn the hobby and all the aspects of it, understand calcium-alkalinity-magnesium relations, understand starfish need well established larger systems so they dont starve out ect. i personally would say look at the tank threads and see what others are doing and what it has achieved for them

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: