xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ay russ at the bottom of stand it wil b water proved so it wont get to mouist when the water over flows.

@ bigcapt yes i kno lol my friend came over cause there was a problem with the stand but the problem is solved now. So he said we put sheetrock up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
He wasn't referencing water coming from the stand... water evaporation will be soaked up by the sheet rock. You should pick up green board because it will not take in moisture.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Well guess it's not too important to you the thought of breathing in excessive amounts of mildew... That sheet rock will not hold up that long, so if you are not planning on replacing it anytime soon maybe you might want to redo it properly.

Just some advice.

Moisture Resistant

• Moisture resistant board products offered include American Gypsum (M-Bloc) and GP Green Board
  • Special surface coatings to make boards resistant to moisture
  • Also used as tile backer in limited wet areas, e.g., bathroom and basement walls, plus kitchens, and laundry and utility room
Greenboard, Indoor tile backer bo

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 they are right about the greenboard but if you dont want to replace all that you did then at least get some water sealer or a really goodmold and mildew proof paint and primer Zinnser or Kilz and coat the walls inside and out.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Make sure all the gaps between the rock and framing are sealed or water proof paint will mean nothing. It takes VERY little moisture for sheet rock to become a mildew breeding ground. I just finished my basement and the cost difference for green board was minimal and WELL worth the piece of mind.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: