Mikei70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thats not it thay have a big pellet reactor like the vertex and the OP reactors . you cant really us a pellet reactor due to chamber size for the pellets . The camber has to have a big water value for the bac to colonize the chamber if its to small you wont get the full affect of the pellets and might end in a tank crash. thats why you cant really use a TLF reactor for pellets .

A big water value? What does that even mean?

You can absolutely use a TLF 150 or 550 as long as you have the proper amount of tumbling going on. Do you think the bacteria will avoid the pellets if the chamber is narrower than that of a Vertex reactor? That's ridiculous.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
A big water value? What does that even mean?

You can absolutely use a TLF 150 or 550 as long as you have the proper amount of tumbling going on. Do you think the bacteria will avoid the pellets if the chamber is narrower than that of a Vertex reactor? That's ridiculous.

Its the amount of water in the camber for the bac to multiply in . If you go on RC forum it will explain it all.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
According to your signature, you use a UF-15. The dimensions of the chamber is 15 x 4. The dimensions of a TLF 550 is 15 1/8 x 4 1/4.

The reactor is completly diffrent . I have the TLF 550 its a diffrent design the inlet onthe vertex is alot bigger the bottom plate design forces the flow up not down like the TLF. you have to see it in person .

Mikei70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The reactor is completly diffrent . I have the TLF 550 its a diffrent design the inlet onthe vertex is alot bigger the bottom plate design forces the flow up not down like the TLF. you have to see it in person .

I hate to keep going with this, but you're mistaken if you think that pellets tumbling in one reactor are somehow different than pellets tumbling in another.

It might take a stronger pump in the TLF due to the smaller intake tube to get the proper flow rate, but once that is acheived that the outcome is exactly the same.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: