Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I got all these little pcs of softies from MR members, but they all have a flaw. I can hardly make them stay in one place-they are too small. :banghead: So far I only have 2 pcs that really have stick themselves to the rock.

I am sad when the most beloved largest one loose into the center of my reef. I try blowing it back out with no success and I just pray it will somehow be expelled by my crab, the flounder or may be it can climb out himself.

Can I tie it with a fish string? Will this hurt it?

Any suggestion?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also it always good to have a sump for these things ,Less flow and less activity going on there.so its easier for the coral to attach itself ,JMO

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i've found sticking a tooth pic through the side and out the base to be a good method with xenia, yeah its a little traumatic but it worked great for me.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
GQ22 said:
i've found sticking a tooth pic through the side and out the base to be a good method with xenia, yeah its a little traumatic but it worked great for me.

Toothpick is a good idea too. Here's a way to do it that's not traumatic though. Place the frag on a piece of rubble. Take the toothpick and lay it across the frag. Take a rubberband and loop it over the end of the toothpick. Run the rubberband around the BACK of the rubble, and loop it over the opposite end of the toothpick. The tension of the rubberband on the toothpick will hold the frag in place till it adhere's. :eek:rangehat

Russ

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
i'd go with what house suggested. poke a bunch of holes in a rubbermaid container to allow water flow, put some pieces of rock rubble inside with the frags and wait.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've found that puting the frag between 2 pcs of rubble and rubberbanding the rubble together works. it will have to stick to 1 pc.

the name is Bobby. im new to the site so if im wrong let me know guys. feel free to visit my website ... www.funkyreef.com and give me some feedback on it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: