perinc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi

I recently moved my 240g reef tank.

Added live rock the last time over a year and a half ago. For the first time yesterday I heard this hammering like sound. Then that afternoon I spotted it, some sort of green mantis shrimp. Like a body snatcher he swiped a snail and took it in to the rock work and began to hammer away.

I don't want him in there. Any suggestions? Any successful methods to trap?

Thanks,

perinc

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ive used the following method for fish...i take a 20 oz bottle of soda and cut it right where the neck meets the label[at its widest point]. then i invert the neck and stick it inside the bottle after cutting off the threaded part tto make the hole the appropriate size.i use a dab of superglue to keep it all together, use a hole punch on either side to connect fishing line so i can pull the trap when needed. i also like to put a couple of small drain holes on the bottom so that i can pull quicker and not have to worry about the little bugger getting out. try a little food in it to coax them. them make traps but theyre expensive and the good one was discontinued a few months ago. i hope this was at least a rational explanation lol if not i can clarify.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: