Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's definitely not the bulbs... I posted about this a couple weeks ago but no one answered my direct question about the Actinics.

They turn on sometimes... if I unplug and replug them in 4, 5 or even more times in a row which means they do not work when my timer goes on everyday. I've removed the timer and power strip and the same thing happens even when directly plugging into an outlet (at first I thought maybe the voltage was low and not even to start them up).

I've been thinking of upgrading to LED anyway so now I have the reason... just can't figure out what LED fixture I really need (while staying cost effective) to get to the depth of my tank which is 19" from glass to top of sand bed.

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
jamesonwhiskey, if you have the coralife aqualight pro[i think thats what its called] with the 150w mh and the two 65w pc's ive seen that problem first hand on another setup. they had the six footers though...three halides...4 96w pc's. idk what they ended up doing but it seems to be a reoccurring problem with coralife..my current nova t5 did the same thing as well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: