Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So I am meeting Daceman89 today to get a frag of his Green Slimer. What would you all suggest I pickup to transport this thing in? Some sort of thermal bag? (smething that hold the heat in?)

Any suggestions? I need to go buy something before 1pm. Then I am getting on the LIRR to take the piece home.

Thanks

Rich

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I use a small thermal lunch box, with small rubbermaind plastic container to house the frag, and a ziplock bag of hot water (ghetto heat pack), all packed into the lunch box. I usually have a piece of plastic or cardboard to keep the hot water ziplock from touching the plastic container. If worst comes to worst and you don't have anything, just wrap the container in layers of newspaper, helps insulates it (right Jhale?..lol).

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use 2 ziplocs double bagged, then I acclimate by leaving them out for 15 min until they slime up good and put them in, easiest things to acclimate are SPS.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I went to CVS and picked up a Thermos... fortionately I also picked up a couple heat packs. The Green Slimer frag from Daceman89 (David) was slightly too big to fit through the opening. I popped open the heat packs and placed the ziplock bag and heat pcks in the CVS bag, worked fine.

Thanks for the replies, I will be going out to get a small cooler soon.

Rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: