junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
I ordered my RO filter from Aquasafe and I didnt realize there were two kinds. I erroneously ordered the one with the faucet and 4 gallon container. Can this still be set up for the purpose of collecting RO water or do I need to ship it back to them? I emailed them and up to now they have not responded. Any input will be appreciated. Hopefully someone else has a set-up similar to mine.

Thanks
This is what I got...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SAFE-100GPD-HOME-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-WATER-FILTER_W0QQitemZ4442327754QQcategoryZ20684QQcmdZViewItem

This is the correct one I should have gotten...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-AQUARIUM-100GPD-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-WATER-FILTER_W0QQitemZ4441608872QQcategoryZ20684QQcmdZViewItem

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Alex,

the unit that you currently have makes RO for drinking, you need one that has a DI(de-ionizer) filter, this removes eveything from the water so that you won't have algae growth. The 4gal tank, is a great thing to have as it stores water that can be used in the future, and not wait of on-demand water.
I would send it can
THe faucet adapter is ok, if you don't want to pierce the supply pipe, but is a pain everytime you need to make RO/DI water.

Peter

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ro/di

Attachments

• rodi.jpg
    rodi.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 59

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I agree, keep what you have and get the DI add on.

Also I would plumb it into your cold water line, if you don't want to poke a hole in the cold water line you can get an adaptor at home depot for a few dollars, that's what i did.

one thing though, plumb the DI filter so water enters it from the tank,

that way you can use the RO water for drinking, you don't want to drink RO/DI water. that's just for your tank.

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
So I guess I am stuck with extra work.. :) I don't mind as long as it is the most feasible solution. It does makes sense that I keep everything and buy the add on, but now, the instructions will be different (it is hard as it is to follow in the first place), so it will be more difficult to assemble, or am I just being negative?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
it's really easy if someone show's you what to do, it's hard to try and figure out on your own.

on your four way valve you want to split the tank OUTPUT in two.
they sell john guest fittings to do this.

one split will go to your drinking water tap

the other will go to your new DI filter, then the out put from the DI filter will need a ball valve on the end.

or you can run the output to a reservoir with an auto topoff system, or to the sump directly with a top off system.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: