molodets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Scientific Name: Goniopora lobata

So I've been searching online, there are lots of different Gonioporas.
ALL POSTS MADE ABOUT Gonioporas are OLD.
Lots of people say different things about them.

Anyone with real knowlege...?
whats the best way to keep them? etc...

thank you!

Attachments

• grngoniopora.jpg
    grngoniopora.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

ChrisNJ2012

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 84.6%
11   2   0
i bought a fairly large frag 6inchx5inch from a lfs because it was cheap ($25) and looked cool, it was open/healthy for about a month and then i aquascaped and moved it around. I disrupted/changed the flow it was getting, with in 3 days i had a brown rock with holes...... lol

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Leave these corals for very experienced reefers.That doesn't mean you can't keep them alive.You need a very established tank with fine sandy bottom and/or a large refugium, you may have to feed these corals as well,they don't like water too clean either. The red and purple ones are more hardy although i'm losing one as we speak.Try some Xenias first, if Xenias take off in your tank you may have a better chance with these corals. If not, don't buy them. That's my advice to you.

ChrisNJ2012

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 84.6%
11   2   0
yeah i agree once mine died off i bought a green tipped torch and now have other corals that "move" in the water coloum like Xenia and hammer coral... the goniopora was by far the brightess coral ive had but it did not matter because i couldn't keep it alive....

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I've had one for 6 months. When I moved its location it was quite unhappy for a few weeks. I moved it again and got it more light and it came back even stronger...so far so good. I'm sure its just luck based on what has happened to so many others.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: