Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go got a leak on the top of my tank. It's a aquapod 24 gal it's along the rim. It getting annoying I had a leak in the top be4 and I sealed it then it leaked in a new spot I sealed it now it's leaking in another spot and coming out allot. It's getting ridiculous I wish this leak showed up be4 I had the tank setup now it's completely setup. Been running for a few months and don't want to start over. Any ideas? It's like this is getting crazy I have to lower the water level every time and try to work on it. I put tons of silicon and it's stops for a week then it starts some where new idk what to do anymore. I really love this tank put allot of work to make it beautiful. Please someone help thanks MR

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I also had the same problem. I just kept sealing it in the different spots till it finally stopped. I never tried to remove it but that would be the better way if it can be removed. The other choice is to keep you water level slightly lower and to direct you nozzels so that it doesn't create a point where it rises up higher into the rim.

Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm thinking it going to be hard to remove the rim. I'm just tired of always checking for leaks and every two weeks I get a new one.

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i had the tank too. Cant you just lower your water line a 1/4 inch so its not at the brim?

Also make sure your return isnt pushing the flow across the top of the water, point them downward so its not pushing flow over the edge.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Yea I use to keep it dat low but my floor is unleveled so one side looks lower. So try to keep it a lil higher so it looks Evan. Lol

Just because your floor isn't level doesn't mean your tank should be out of level.
You've just given me the best indication of why your tank keeps springing leaks...... IT ISN'T LEVEL!!! Any manufacturer would void your warranty if they knew your tank wasn't level.

You need to level your stand, and subsequently your tank will be level. You're working backwards trying to resolve your leaky tank issue. Instead of 'fixing' the tank with silicone first, you need to level the tank first. After that is accomplished, THEN you can TRY to fix the leak.....or replace the tank. It sounds as if you've tried to fix the tank one too many times with silicone already.

BTW, in your comment above, where you mention "....but my floor is unleveled so one side looks lower.". It doesn't LOOK lower, it IS lower. That's the problem ;)

swimmer

Last edited:

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just because your floor isn't level doesn't mean your tank should be out of level.
You've just given me the best indication of why your tank keeps springing leaks...... IT ISN'T LEVEL!!! Any manufacturer would void your warranty if they knew your tank wasn't level.

You need to level your stand, and subsequently your tank will be level. You're working backwards trying to resolve your leaky tank issue. Instead of 'fixing' the tank with silicone first, you need to level the tank first. After that is accomplished, THEN you can TRY to fix the leak.....or replace the tank. It sounds as if you've tried to fix the tank one too many times with silicone already.

BTW, in your comment above, where you mention "....but my floor is unleveled so one side looks lower.". It doesn't LOOK lower, it IS lower. That's the problem ;)

swimmer

I agree if your floor isnt leveled then of course u will get leaks. U should of used a level meter in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

reefnhard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
like others have said you have to fix the unlevel issue first thats the important part,thats one of the most basic things to know is never have a unleveled tank....second i have replaces rims on my tanks before you'd be suprised how easy it is ,i had to replace one of them with the water in it and alll...you just need something to keep all glass together i once used grey duct tape and went all the way around the tank with it jus right below the frame another time i used i forget what u call them but there the braces people use to build tanks....either way will do fine the only pita thing is not being to rough and cleaning all the glue off from the tape and old silicone....your tank is small enough where u can just either tranfer everything into a holding rubbermaid or this would be a perfect excuse for an upgrade

solo

Got Vodka?
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What kind of stand do you have it on? Your best bet would be to empty your tank water and put your livestock in buckets, get a cheap $9 level device from home depot or lowes and try to attempt to level his current stand OR get a stand with adjustable legs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: