Should red aglae be scrapped off the glass?

• Total voters

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Wingo, who informed you that coralline algae growing on glass/acrylic is good for coral growth? On the rockwork, yes, but on the glass?!! Where aquarists allow coralline to grow is more of an aesthetics issue. I scrape it off of all glass except the back wall. Perhaps you should reword your poll question to "Where do you scrape coralline off?"

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Deanos said:
Wingo, who informed you that coralline algae growing on glass/acrylic is good for coral growth? On the rockwork, yes, but on the glass?!! Where aquarists allow coralline to grow is more of an aesthetics issue. I scrape it off of all glass except the back wall. Perhaps you should reword your poll question to "Where do you scrape coralline off?"

No one actually mentioned coraline algae growing "on glass" is good for coral growth. I just saw a lot of the tanks that I bought frags from have them on the glass. It seems that the owners do not want to scrape them off. I just assumed they want it that way.

So what's your reason not to scrape off the backwall-aesthics issue?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: