In regards to fish feeding, I use the following:

Dry:
TetraMarine Marine Flakes
Tetra Freeze dreid Krill
Ocean Nutrition Seaweed Selects

Frozen:
Hikari Mysis
San Francisco Bay Brand Angle Diet blocks

Is it best to change every feeding and or feed a combination of each? Usually I mix a combination of the above and daily I put a 2inch wide by 4 inch long sheet of the Seaweed selects.

My Potters Angle only seems to graze on the algae on the LR, and eat the flake food. My yellow tang has recently began eating just about everything except the krill. The Chromis and Talbot would eat the silicone off the tank if they could...

Should I add anything to help their diets? I was considering getting the sort of vitamin to soak the Seaweed in..

What do you all think?

Rich

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
the more variety you offer them, the better.

just make sure that each fish is at least eating something.

and dont overfeed, if there is more food in the water than they can eat - you're overfeeding. if they are finishing up their meal, you're doing ok.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Good advise Alhra -

Also, be careful of freeze dried krill - I have heard that it can sometimes cause stomach parasites - why do you use them BTW?

I use garlic extreme to soak my mysis in (I let it sit for an hour or so after defrosted in the gearlic and water). And my fish are healthy as ox's.

Keep it diverse, keep it safe ,only feed when they need and don't overdo it.

House

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Good advise Alhra -

Also, be careful of freeze dried krill - I have heard that it can sometimes cause stomach parasites - why do you use them BTW?

I use garlic extreme to soak my mysis in (I let it sit for an hour or so after defrosted in the gearlic and water). And my fish are healthy as ox's.

Keep it diverse, keep it safe ,only feed when they need and don't overdo it.

House

I use the krill only because it was something additional. I usualy pinch it between two fingers and crush it into tiny pieces.

I will try the garlic as well... With the tang being sick I wanted to get as much of an assortment into the tank as possible.

Rich

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
House of Laughter said:
i have a jar of freeze dried krill too that i feed from time to time. the fish seem to like it.
i was not aware of an issue with it causing stomach parasites, where did you hear/read this? is it that there are parasites in the food? or that the food itself causes stomach ulcers or something?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: