beefbroccoli

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i just got a 40g tank from someone and he also gvae me a 3" tomato clown he had for about 2 years, then i went to the lfs and bought a 1" tomato clown, as soon as i release it into the tank, the big guy is chase the little one like crazy, do they get alone? am i make a mistake to put them together?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Most likely a mistake putting them together. If the bigs tomato's been alone for that long it won't take well to a younger tomato coming into the picture. I would take back the baby tomato clown and hopefully get some credit. Better yet take back the big tomato clown, they can and probably will be a very very mean fish towards other inhabitants.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
tomatos r the most agress of the clown fish. Unless they've been together for a long time they will be very territorial and chase eachother. The larger one will dominate the smaller one.

beefbroccoli

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i was kinda busy and didn't take the little guy back to the lfs, so i just shut the light and left him there for a day, seems like the big one left the little guy alone, and now, its been like more than week already, they get alone very well i have to say, i see they stay together all the time, especially at nite, they jsut stay right next to each other, not moving, but the big clown alway float with the mouth pointing upward at nite, like vertical position, is this normal?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: