Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
are you worried about splashing or it breaking the tank or both? if you are just worried about splashing just dont put it on full blast. if you are worried about it breaking your tank, i wouldnt worry either. I work in a fish store and heard one incident of a tank breaking because it had a vortech on it. If that was the real reason why it broke i do not know, tanks do break and if that was the one chance that a tank just broke and by chance had a vortech on it maybe. otherwise i have not heard anything

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
vortech, the pump you keep paying for IMHO.

What do you mean by this? what stop and go? If you mean the pulse action the pump never really stops. the thing that keeps the koralia hydors and the vortech above all other wave makers is the fact that the pump never turns off until you turn it off for some reason such as a water change. when pumps go on and off constantly, that kills them. even with the pulse action the pump revs up then slows down but never off. The koralias dial back the power output so their pumps never go off either. something must be wrong if you have to keep replacing parts

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
@noel - if you have to worry about the seals, go for peace of mind.
@master shake- yes the pulse action of stop and go motion. between coraline algae build up and constant stop and go makes the wet side stop eventually. having gone through 3 of them already, i can tell you this. if you use this pump, set the pulse setting to fast slow and not fast stop pulse. on my current driver its the pink setting.
@ skene- TOTALLY!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: