oscar139

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately my lion has been acting weird, he doesnt swim around like he used to, he usualy sits on a rock the whole day now, and sometimes rests upsidedown. His spine seems paralyzed, he can barely swim right, and now he wont event eat! I have checked my water and its all fine, my temperature is 80.1 so its high but all my corals, fish and anemones are doing great! Can anyone help me?

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Feeding just krill isn't a balanced diet and if that is all he has been eating, that could be the cause. Fish eat a huge variety of things in the wild and you should try and recreate that as best you can. If he makes it, try varying his diet.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Feeding just krill isn't a balanced diet and if that is all he has been eating, that could be the cause. Fish eat a huge variety of things in the wild and you should try and recreate that as best you can. If he makes it, try varying his diet.

+1 If he didn't go for the live shrimp thats not a good sign. Your snails probably ate what ghost shrimp died and fell to the bottom. Ghost shrimp are freshwater so they wont live long in a marine system. Try a live feeder fish even if it is a small goldfish feeder. If he doesn't go after it or eat it he may be doomed :(

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have a 55 gallon and the lion is 4 inches, the temp was high because our air conditioner went out and the tank is up stairs.

Ammonia- 0
Nitrate-10
Nitrite-10
pH-8.0
Do a water change and read up on nitrite. Your nitrite is too high and you say your temprature is high as well? Nitrite is way more dangerous that nitrate. Feeding your lionfish krill has nothing to do with your problem as a matter of fact, krill enhances their color and make sure your test kits are accurate.

oscar139

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a water change and let everything settle, nitrate and nitrite are now 0. My lion is still not eating or swimming and now on one side his fins are rotting! Here's a picture
a6cd0fb4-7860-1647.jpg

It's on his right side, the red part. I took this when he first started to develop this and now his right side is almost gone. I have never seen this before

phk36

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
live food brings problems. I had a lion that had the same thing. All I remember is it looked as if he shed his skin, It looked as he was going to die. This lasted a week. I asked around and no one had an answer. He grew to full size and I sold him. I only feed him frozen silver sides and frozen shrimp from wall mart. Look at some of my posts you can see him. Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: